Connect More. Learn More. Be More.
It’s your career. Your practice. But you don’t have to go it alone.
Being a member of Oklahoma County Medical Society (OCMS) places you in the company of other physicians who understand the challenges—and rewards—of the profession. We are the only professional organization exclusive to physicians in Oklahoma County, so you’ll find common issues—and an uncommon level of support—among your peers. Whether you are new to the field or a seasoned professional, OCMS offers advocacy, education, resources, and networking to help you advance your career.
Advocacy for Medicine
It’s difficult for physicians to find the time to express their opinions on the evolving health care system. Grassroots efforts by individual physicians and through our legislative caucus is a cornerstone of the success at the state level. Together, with OSMA, we work to stand up for physicians in important issues that affect both practice and patient care.
- OCMS Caucus Delegate
- Grassroots Action Center
- State issues
- Federal issues
- Medicine Day
- Doctor of the Day
- Legislative updates
Whether you are new to the field or a seasoned provider, our new webinar educational programs will provide you with easy access to high-quality educational programs such as advocacy updates, estate planning, Meaningful Use, and more at no charge to members. In addition, receive our bi-monthly Bulletin publication, in production for more than 80 years. OCMS offers all of the tools you need to be the best physician.
- Bi-monthly newsletters with educational and scientific information
- News Updates
- CME Offerings
Leadership Development Opportunities
Reach out and share ideas and strategies with more than 800 physicians in private practice, employed directly by hospitals, clinics, physician practices, and academic medical centers across the county. You can develop relationships with peers from all practice areas.
- Physician Leadership Academy
- Committee Membership
- OCMS Board Positions
- OSMA/AMA Board Positions
Mediation of Physician/Patient Issues
- DocbookMD is an exclusive HIPAA-secure messaging application for smartphone and tablet devices and is also available on the web. Designed by and for physicians, it creates a secure community to share critical patient information and collaborate with medical colleagues.
Visibility - Marketing
- OCMS helps citizens find you! Check our our online search tool that we promote heavily to the public for finding a great physician!
Peer Networking Opportunities
- Membership Meetings
- Committee Meetings
- Annual Inaugural & Awards Dinner
- Educational Events
Physician Benefits & Resources
- OSMA Health
- Oklahoma Health Professionals Program (OHPP)
- Physician Directory
- Mentoring Program
- Job Postings & Job Descriptions
- Free Physician Legal Advice
Community Service Opportunities
OCMS has a long history of incubating worthwhile community projects, providing help to not only the public, but the work of physicians. Physicians can volunteer to help make Oklahoma County and its residents a great place to live.
- Volunteer at Open Arms Clinic
- Volunteer services for Health Alliance for the Uninsured
- Support the OCMS Community Foundation
- And More
OCMS Community Foundation
The OCMS Community Foundation is a 501c3 organization staffed by OCMS to improve the life of citizens since 1966. Its mission is to fund projects that improve or safeguard the health of our citizens and the community as a whole. The foundation provides an annual medical student scholarship, supports a variety of health-related organizations in Oklahoma County, and Operation Santa, which has been in place for more than 20 years, helping to provide gifts to needy children and their families.
- Oklahoma County Medical Student Scholarship
- Summer fundraiser to benefit Oklahoma County non-profits
- Operation Santa
- And More
OCMS is working to provide our members with discounts on events in Oklahoma City, including arts and sports! Check back often for discount information.