Medical society and association membership can give physicians a sense of belonging and meaning, while also remaining as a source of grounding and support. To our members who are looking for a way to get involved and engage with fellow physicians, there are many options available at the county level outside of elected Board members. Committees are established each calendar year. Attendance at committee meetings by committee members are strongly encouraged.
- Membership Development – finds creative ways to attract more members and promote benefits of membership. Meets quarterly.
- Constitution and Bylaws – reviews changes to the constitution and bylaws. Helps identify areas to strengthen bylaws. Meets 1-3 times per year.
- Editorial – develops this publication, the OCMS Bulletin, and helps strengthen the quality of the articles. Meets at least once per year.
- Finance – reviews OCMS investments and financial status. Helps determine investment future to keep OCMS relevant. Meets quarterly.
- Physicians Academy – develops curriculum for the Academy each year. Meets 2-3 times per year.
- Nominating – identifies physicians in the community who would be excellent leaders for the Society through its Board of Directors. Meets 2-3 times per year, usually in the fall.
- Scholarship Review Committee – reviews scholarship applications for OCMS’ Medical Student Scholarship. Maximum of five members selected. Requirements: Active, regular membership for at least five years.