Medical society and association membership can give physicians a sense of belonging and meaning, while also remaining as a source of grounding and support. To our members who are looking for a way to get involved and engage with fellow physicians, there are many options available at the county level outside of elected Board members. Committees are established each calendar year. Contact OCMS for additional information.
- Constitution and Bylaws – reviews changes to the constitution and bylaws. Helps identify areas to strengthen.
- Editorial – develops this publication, the OCMS Bulletin, and helps strengthen the quality of the articles.
- Finance – reviews OCMS investments and financial status. Helps determine investment future to keep OCMS stable through the future.
- Physicians Academy – develops curriculum for the Academy each year.
- Membership Development – finds creative ways to help send the message of the benefits of OCMS.
- Nominating – identifies physicians in the community who would be excellent leaders for the Society through its Board of Directors.