Read and accept the following rules and regulations to gain access to the OCMS Scholarship Application
- To be eligible to apply for an Educational Assistance Award from the OU Medical Student Scholarship Fund from the OCMS Community Foundation, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must be or have been a legal resident of Oklahoma County for at least five years.*
- Must be enrolled in the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine.
- Must be in their junior year.
- Applications must be completed on the OCMS website (www.okcountymed.org) no later than January 31, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
- Educational assistance awards are grants and do not have to be repaid.
- The award should be announced during the month of March. However, OCMS reserves the right to postpone the announcement of recipients at its discretion.
- The Educational Assistance Award will be paid by check, provided that all required certifications of enrollment, attendance and scholastic standing have been received from the medical school. Payment should be made in spring/summer to the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine to be applied to the designated recipient’s tuition for the upcoming academic year.
- The selection of recipients is made solely by the OCMS Scholarship Review Committee. The OCMS Community Foundation will make all rules and regulations governing the selection of recipients, eligibility, method of payment, and administration of the scholarship program. It reserves the right to change these rules without notice. The Foundation will consider any tie vote as a no pass action; thus, all actions of the Foundation must be approved by a majority of the members voting. No family member of a Trustee or Oklahoma County Medical Society Director may apply for the scholarship.
- The number of educational assistance awards to be made, and the amount of each award, shall be at the exclusive determination of the OCMS Scholarship Review Committee. The Scholarship Fund does not offer educational assistance awards for pre-medical education or for general university or college training or preparatory training. It does not offer awards for students of allied health sciences, such as nursing, dentistry, medical technology, etc. An applicant must be a medical student.
- Payment of the award is made only after an appropriate official of the medical school has certified that the applicant is enrolled, regularly attending classes, and not on academic probation. In the event the applicant does not enroll, or withdraws before payment of the award is made, the award is void and will not be paid. In the event the recipient dies before the date of payment of the Award, the Award is void and withdrawn, and cannot be paid to the estate of the applicant.
- The award is made in part based on financial need, but always with reference to demonstrated scholastic ability. The application requests certain financial information from the applicant to support financial need. If the applicant fails to provide this financial information, that application will not be given further consideration. The Foundation does reserve the right to make merit awards for scholastic attainment and other reasons.
- All financial information provided is confidential and is destroyed after the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants are welcome to attach a photograph to the application although a photograph is not required.
- The Scholarship Review Committee reserves the right to request an applicant to appear before it for a personal interview or to provide additional information. In general, awards are granted based on the information contained in the application.
- The award winner will serve as an ex-officio board member of the Oklahoma County Medical Society for one year.
- The award winner will serve as an ex-officio board member of the Health Alliance for the Uninsured for one year.
- OCMS Community Foundation Board of Trustees reserves the right to appropriately publicize the recipient of the educational assistance award in newspapers and other public media.
- The award winner will be recognized at the OCMS Presidential Inaugural Dinner.
For all questions, contact:
Rebecca Carr, Associate Director
email: [email protected]
text: 316-250-0359 or call 405-702-0500