Due to the COVID-19 crisis, telehealth mental health services are provided. Available to members, resident members and students. Call Dr. Tobin’s office directly: 405-340-4321.
Do you need to speak to a counselor about burnout, stress at work or home, or other issues? We can help.
The Physician Wellness Program (PWP) is available to Oklahoma County Medical Society members, including resident and student members. The PWP provides:
- Up to 8 free, confidential sessions with an experienced psychologist
- Convenient, private location (telehealth available)
- No diagnosis specified, no insurance billed, no electronic record kept
- Appointments at convenient hours for physicians
To make an appointment, call the psychologist directly at 405-340-4321.
Services are provided through The Counseling and Consulting Offices of Paul G. Tobin, Ph.D., P.C.
Donations to this program are tax-deductible. Each donation will be used for counseling sessions for physicians, residents and students in need. Enter the amount in the OCMS Community Foundation field to help support the care of local physicians.
Sometimes, we come back easily from a setback or even severe stress, but even highly intelligent people can become immobilized. A professional counselor can help physicians cope and regain their natural resilience. The important thing to remember is that there is always a solution.
The PWP can help physicians address any problems or concerns they may be experiencing. They do not need to be in crisis, but the access to psychologists are here if they need them. You may simply want to talk to someone who understands your issues.
Services are available by calling the psychologists’ office directly at 405-340-4321 and making an appointment. It’s that simple.
Counseling could help you:
- find a meaningful way to get your life back on track
- address feelings of anxiety and depression
- deal with the stress of litigation
- create a better work/life balance between your work and personal life
- resolve relationship issues and reconnect with family and friends
- develop strategies to deal with difficult patients or colleagues
- cope more effectively with burnout, adverse events or medical errors
- thrive in an ever-changing environment
Confidentiality and privacy are concerns for physicians. No information is disclosed without your written consent and sessions are not reportable to the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure. OCMS has met with the State Board of Licensure, who fully supports the pursuit of this program.
- Up to 8 free confidential counseling sessions with a psychologist
- Appointments available at hours convenient to physicians
- No diagnosis, no insurance billed, no electronic record
- Physician-initiated, and separate and independent from third-parties. Counseling sessions are not reportable to the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure.
This project was funded in part by a grant from OSMA Foundation.
This project was funded in part by the individual donations of Oklahoma County Medical Society members.