The OCMS Physician Leadership Academy targets current and future physician leaders. Our curriculum is designed by physicians to equip, educate, and empower physicians as they take on increasing leadership and administrative responsibility. Our alumni have become enterprise-wide leaders. Our goal is to develop leadership skills so that physicians may advance their careers, bolster the physician community, and improve health care in Oklahoma.
The OCMS Physician Leadership Academy is open each year to physicians who want to expand their leadership skills, learn more about the business and politics of medicine, and learn how their active participation is vital to the strength of our medical community. View recent graduates.
Topics have included:
- Estate Planning & General Legal
- Financial Planning – Personal and Professional
- About the Business Community
- Partnerships in Your Practice
- Board Leadership – Serving on Boards and Community Leadership
- Cultural Community
- The Political Process – Why Physicians are Important to the Legislative Process
- Organized Medicine – What is it? Why does it matter?
- Technology and Media Relations
Apply for the Physician Leadership Academy
Interested participants should complete the information below. The time commitment is approximately five Saturday mornings. There is an attendance requirement, so please verify your availability before applying.
Full faculty and course information will be sent as available. We are glad that you’re applying to the PLA!
Please complete the form below to apply for Class XIV.